As part of the Fierce Urgency of Now (FUN) Festival, Msaada Partners, Amplify Latinx, and Commun.ity, along with our partners are co-hosting a series of panel sessions and workshops on catalyzing community and capital. This event is a follow-on to last year’s discussion on “Accelerators, Incubators, & People of Color” with the founders of BeautyLynk, Fresh Food Generation, and Forefront who noted that entrepreneurs of color need:
- Technical assustance that fits your stage of growth;
- Access to capital; and
- Space to collaborate and convene, especially in Roxbury, Dorchester, and/or Mattapan.
Many thanks to our sponsor Berkshire Bank, and our partners:
- The Urban Labs
- Smarter in the City (SitC)
- CommonWealth Kitchen (CWK)
- The Capital Network (TCN)
- Boston Ujima Project (BUP)
- The Transformative Culture Project (TCP)
- The Black Economic Council of Massachusetts (BECMA)
- New England Venture Capital Association (NEVCA)
Our planned agenda follows:
- 12:30-1:00 PM: Check-in/Registration
- 1:00-2:00 PM: Community – An interactive ecosystem and resource mapping session focused on Black and Brown Boston
- 2:00-2:30 PM: Break/Networking
- 2:30-3:30 PM: Capital – A panel of founders who have received venture, grant, and/or bank financing discussing their various funding experiences
- 3:30-4:00 PM: Break/Networking
- 4:00-5:00 PM: Convening – A panel of co-workers of color talking about creating space and belonging in the current co-working community
- 5:00-6:00 PM: Networking Reception
We hope to expand upon the ecosystem mapping workshop Impact Hub Boston faciliated last year and the work of our partners to answer the question: “Where can we highlight and connect existing resources for social entrepreneurs of color, and how do we marshal more support and resources to support these efforts in Boston?” The ecosystem mapping results will be made available under creative commons licensing to the broader Boston impact community.
During the breaks there will be food available from local food businesses of color.
Commun.ity was created to build, support, and grow the network of business, innovation, and cultural organizations that help diverse communities thrive.
Msaada Partners is a social impact strategy consulting firm. Msaada is Swahili for “Service”. The firm’s partners empower social impact through consulting, coaching, and connecting.
Amplify Latinx is a non-partisan, collaborative movement whose mission is to build Latinx economic and political power by significantly increasing Latinx civic engagement and representation in leadership positions across sectors. We advance our mission by championing Latinx leaders and business through our visibility campaigns and working alongside our partners to support their work and find innovative solutions to our collective problems. Amplify Latinx was founded by the Latina Circle, a Boston-based network that is advancing Latina leaders across industries into positions of power and influence.
Impact Hub Boston (IHB) is a community and coworking space for those who want to join together to make a difference. IHB believes in unconventional solutions, creative thinking, and collaboration and is creating coworking spaces that inspire, connect, and empower people to realize enterprising ideas for sustainable impact. IHB members come to work, join dynamic events, collaborate, and change the world. Boston’s best startups start here.