State of Latino Education Latino Education Opportunities, Reports & Studies
It’s time To Amplify Our Voices!
Llegó el momento de amplificar nuestras voces!
What is at Stake for the Latinx Community?
The effects of inequitable school funding on the Latino community across the state not only widens the performance gaps already faced by Latino students (they are more likely to attend schools that receive less funding); it also means there are fewer resources and support systems for our students to succeed, such as:
1. Support needed for English Language Learners
2. The need to increase graduation and college readiness and
3. The value of quality support services.
Read Ampliy Latinx’ letter to the Education Committee.
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW. TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS:
To ensure our children and our community have the education they deserve:
1. Be Visible. Raise Your Voice.
2. Don’t Be Silent – Words Count! Submit a written testimony. Use the downloadable template, provided by our partner Latinos For Education, to draft a letter describing your concerns. Letters should be sent to the both of the Co-Chairs of the Joint Committee on Education at [email protected] and [email protected].
3. Amplify This Hearing Right Now. Share this flyer with your networks, post on social media and make the ask of friends and family in the Latinx community to join us in taking action.