Equal Pay Day
We’re all about equal pay, all the time. However, April 10 will officially mark Equal Pay Day. It’s the symbolic date when women’s pay “catches up” to the pay men took home by the last day of the previous year. That’s an extra three months of unpaid work due to the wage gap. It’s even worse for Latina’s who make $.54 cents for every dollar a white male earns. Mark your calendars for April 10, and take one of these ACTIONS for Equal Pay Day:
- Take a salary negotiation workshop to learn how to become an agent of change in your workplace.
- Share a tweet about AAUW’s workshops with your network.
- Participate in the Equal Pay Day Social Media Storm, April 10, 2018 @ 2:00 pm ET on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat, using hashtags #equalpayday, #talkpay, and #time4transparency.
- Sign the EEOC Equal Pay Data Petition.
- Become a volunteer AAUW workshop facilitator. It’s open to any and everyone!
- Ask your employer to sign the 100% Talent Compact.
- Find out what the gender wage gaps are in Boston and how we can work together to close them.
- The wage gap is worse for women of color. Make sure you’re acknowledging ALL the Equal Pay Days.